*.pdf & acrobat reader 5.0

Alexandre surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Thu Feb 19 17:40:28 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-02-18 às 23:46, Ow Mun Heng escreveu:

> > > just had another problem. I saved some OpenOffice documents
> > as pdf-files
> > > but when I wanted to open them on a W2k-PC Acrobat Reader
> > told me that
> > > while opening the file, a fault occurred. The files is
> > > damaged and can't be repaired.
> > > I had this problem already a couple of time when I wanted to open
> > > *pdf-files created with OOo in Acrobat 5.0

> > Are you using Fedora's 1.1.0 openoffice? These pdf files open
> > ok on the
> > fedora machine, with ggv and xpdf?

> > Let's try to isolate the problem...
> OOo 1.0.2 on RH9 box and opened using Acrobat Reader 6. No Problems.
> Though I've had problems due to fonts. In which only xpdf can open and not
> nautilus' built in pdf viewer. For that, just change all the fonts to
> "bookman"

The 1.0.x openoffice does not have a real pdf creator. It prints to
ghostscript, which generates the pdf. As OOo 1.0 is discontinued, I'll
recommend you to upgrade to 1.1.1b from openoffice.org. It has a button
on the menu bar which can generate a pdf with 2 clicks...

This is weird, though. I did a pdf on 1.0.2 on rh9 this morning, and
tried reading it on a w98 with Acrobat 5... it worked.

[]s
Alexandre Strube