Micro$oft $uck$

George Yanos george at yanos.com
Thu Feb 19 19:40:25 UTC 2004

    Rodolfo> At 12:59 2/19/2004, you wrote:
    >> I just installed Linux and I am on it and it doesn't seem that hard at
    >> all if you ask me.I'm so happy that it even comes with a spell check on
    >> evolution!

    Rodolfo> Welcome home. <smile>
I was going to say the same thing.

    Rodolfo> Please post any questions or problems you may have to this list so we can
    Rodolfo> try to help you. Some suggestions for better results:

    Rodolfo>          1. Always search the list archives and Google for answers before
    Rodolfo> you post. It's a faster way to get answers (likely
            someone else already
People say that a lot.  Nobody ever seems to say where the archives are.  I
suppose I could find them, but maybe somebody would point to them now
and then?

I think this is religious.  More serious, people should make sure the
whole conversation is obvious from every message and not assume
everybody is reading the topic as closely as you are.  I'm sure, for
example, that somebody has posted the location of the archives
sometime in the past, but I didn't read that thread closely.

    Rodolfo>          2. When responding to a message, try to delete any part of the

    Rodolfo>          3. It makes it easier for people to follow a conversation if the

    Rodolfo>          4. Give lots of detail when describing a problem. Tell us what

* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos at uic.edu   *                                                *