APT Howto

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Feb 20 08:20:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Telmo Silva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anyone tell me where can I find apt repositories for fedora in
> Portugal? I have yum configured with Portugal mirros, but can't
> configure apt!

I don't know if there are any apt-enabled Portugese mirrors of Fedora,
best shot might be picking up the nearest one from here:
http://www.fedora.us/mirrorlists/fedora.us-fc1-mirrors.list

> Can yum repository be apt repository? How do I do this?

Unfortunately not. Light at the end of tunnel however, there's a common
repository metadata specification being created (meaning all compliant
depsolvers can be used to access a given repository), the version 1 of the
spec is out, it's just the implementations which are non-existing at the
moment.

	- Panu -