Official Fedora Core 1 (Yarrow)

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Fri Feb 20 19:01:12 UTC 2004

> What are the difference ( besides the test part) is both official Fedora
> Core1 Yarrow and Official Fedora Core 2 TEST1? I know their test but do
> they both have the same software installed? I really like what i am
> seeing on Fedora Core2 but i think i need to go to step one first before
> going off and testing software of which i have not yet have any
> experience of working with.

It might help to know what you are trying to do with Fedora in order to
help you more.  If you are new to Fedora, then FC2 TEST1 is probably not
something you would want to rely on.  If you are interested in testing
Fedora, then it's appropriate.  But if you are looking for a
distribution that isn't going to be updated frequently, FC2 is not yet
for you. Even FC1 is updated a lot.

> I also would like to know how to unistall FC2 safely so i can install
> Yarrow (what does that mean?)

I have always taken "Yarrow" to be the "unofficial" or "development"
name for FC1, much as RH9 is known as the "Shrike" release.  My guess is
that someone on the Fedora team is a Peter, Paul, and Mary fan...but
that's just a guess.