Linux 'n games

Preston grammaton_cleric at gmx.net
Fri Feb 20 19:56:27 UTC 2004

El Viernes, 20 de Febrero de 2004 11:16 AM, Alexander H.M. Ruoff escribió:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> > I see many people complaining that "Linux doesn't have games" but I
> > don't see many people writing new games for Linux.

Take a look at happypenguin.org. There are lot of games being programmed for
linux, but making a game is much more than programing (Im programming an
RPG). Usually you need some extra hand with graphics and models. Thats why
(IMHO) it is easier to find a mature office suit/desktop/whatever app for
linux than a mature game for linux. As far as I know, the most mature game
projects i have played (and I have been pursuing linux games since years ago)
are Freedroid and Battle for Wesnoth. Cant give an opinion about commercial
games as I cant buy them and dont have a nice video card.

--
ru guo ni yao ai, ni jiang bu hui shi qu