iptables anyone???

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 20 22:07:50 UTC 2004

Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Have you tried reading the iptables HOW-TO?  Or use a decent firewall
>> builder such as FireStarter (http://firestarter.sourceforge.net) to
>> have a nice GUI to do it with.
>

> Just want to say thanks to Rick for recommending firestarter!

You're welcome!

> It was easy to download and install, and more importantly, it has
> allowed me to configure a firewall, and easily let through NFS traffic
> from my wife's computer!  Finally!
>
> People who have come from Windows, using ZoneAlarm, should check out
> Firestarter in Fedora Core.
>
> Oh, and thanks to the firestarter developers for creating a most useful
> and simple tool!
> http://firestarter.sourceforge.net

I'm glad it worked for you, Mitch.  There are other, similar GUI
iptables manipulators available, I'm just most familar with FireStarter.
A search at sourceforge.net will net a bunch of them as will a google
search with "iptables +gui".

You should send your kudos to the FireStarter development team as well.
Nothing makes an open source contributor happier than a rave review and
pat on the back--except, perhaps, a lot of cash!  ;-)
-           If it's stupid and it works...it ain't stupid!           -