Yum proxy setup (was (no subject))

Telmo Silva wrote:

Hi,

how can set up Fedora to use a proxy with yum? I am behind a proxy and can't update my system throught yum without configuring the proxy! How do I do it?

export http_proxy=http://proxy:portnum/

Put this in your .bashrc, /etc/profile, or the like. I recommend setting https_proxy and ftp_proxy to the same value.

Regards,
Paul

P.S. Good message subjects can help you get more/better responses. :-)