Other glibc

Bruce W. Bigby bbigby at rochester.rr.com
Sat Feb 21 13:32:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 22:38, James Drabb wrote:
> Is there an easy way to run an older version of glibc?
>
> My wife bought me a Loki game from Amazon.com this Christmas and I have
> tried to play it under FC1 with no luck.  The game requirements say
> kernel 2.2+ and glic 2.1.  When I try to run the Loki game under FC1, I
> just get a seg fault.
>
> Jim Drabb
> --
> The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
> So, I installed LINUX!
> James Drabb JR
> Senior Programmer Analyst
> Davenport, FL USA

That's weird.  The program shouldn't crash, unless an interface in glibc
changed.  However, that shouldn't have happened, if glibc's major
version number is still 2. Hmmm?  I'd post the name of the game. Someone
on this list could probably help you.
--
Bruce W. Bigby, http://home.rochester.rr.com/bigbyofrocny
Don't be fooled by sale pitches.  The only money that you save is