New Apache License?

Christofer C. Bell cbell at jayhawks.net
Sun Feb 22 19:45:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:39:23 +0000, WipeOut wrote
> T. Ribbrock wrote:
> >Also, I've seen comments that the new patent clause may be incompatible
> >with the GPL - does anybody know more about this?
> Looks like the open source world is killing itself..
>
> First it was MySQL, then XFree86 and now possibly Apache, all of
> which are major components of what makes Linux distro's useful to
> many of us..

The point you made about MySQL is caught my eye... Is it now under a new
license that's incompatible with the GPL?  Can you elaborate some?   Thanks!

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown