Fedora Updater

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Feb 24 03:00:08 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-02-22 às 07:33, Ty Spilker escreveu:

> I went to update Fedora after I had finish installing, it took me nearly
> eight hours to finish downloading the updates (in on cable, downloading
> these updates at about 2kB/s) When I FINALLY finished the download, the
> install stopped. It wouldn't even start, it simply stayed on the screen
> doing nothing. I tried this at least 4 times with the same results.

Besides a bad memory module (as Keith already pointed out, and you can
test with http://memtest86.com), there's a issue with rpm which
sometimes does that.

Remove every __db*.* from /var/lib/rpm and try again (hoping you don't
need to download the files again).

Oh yes, do a 'ps xuxa' on a terminal and kill everything related to rpm
when doing this. Try again. Worked for me.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group