Run Application

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Feb 24 17:22:35 UTC 2004

Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Ter, 2004-02-24 às 00:06, James Drabb escreveu:
>

>>You can also press ALT+F2 to get the Run Application dialog.
>

> Wow! One more key combination to get used with.
>
> Some weeks ago someone said like use the windows key (mapping it to f13)
> to open gnome menu... But I just realized that I can't map any key
> combination with it (like windows+r for run app, something I'm used to
> for years)... any thoughts?

The Windows key works fine for me in mappings as it's 'normal' <Mod4>
state.
In the metacity mappings at least I can use it in key combinations just
fine. Where do you go to map a 'run app' combination?

Your problem might be because you've mapped the key to F13, which is a
'normal' key (like F6, 'a', or right arrow) instead of a 'modifier' key
(like shift, control and alt).
You can only map key combinations using modifier keys plus one normal
key. Try mapping it using it's original keycodes.