X slow startup

Alberto Cardinalli Jr. acjr0108 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Feb 24 21:52:58 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I know that problems with NVIDIA drivers and other stuff aren't the
focus of this list, but I really tried everything that I saw in NVIDIA
discussion forum, nothing resolved my problem and NVIDIA don't give us
an answer. So I think that someone can help me with some hint. In my
machine X startup takes about 30 seconds, but when I had an old kernel
and driver versions(nvidia:4496/kernel:2129), it was normal.

My machine:

Video Card: Riva TNT2 32Mb RAM PCI
Driver Version: 1.0-5336
Video Bios Revision: 02.05.19.03.00
Processor: AMD XP2000+
Motherboard: Asus A7V8X
Memory: 512Mb DDR400

I have problems too when I alternate from a console to X, it freezes for
20 seconds showing my wallpaper and then other stuff appears. I tried
"NvAGP" and "IgnoreDisplayDevices" with no success.

Installing older versions of the driver with an older kernel didn't
worked too.

Thanks all for the attention,

P.S.: Sorry about my english ...

--