GPG Verification error with XFree package

Nix, Robert P. Nix.Robert at mayo.edu
Wed Feb 25 16:00:57 UTC 2004

I had this problem, and finally, after trying for several days, decided to allow it to continue despite the GPG error. Really bad choice.

The update failed about half way through, and the PC locked up. I had to power it off manually, and when I powered it back on, XFree86 was fairly much gone. I ended up loading all the packages down by hand via yum, after which I was finally able to get XFree86 to work again. What a pain in the rear!

> > Maybe I should
> > also use apt (familiar from Debian) or yum (I've tried it a couple of
> > times) as a backup system
>
> No need to.

If no need, then how do you get up2date to repair damage like this once you're dumb enough to let it cause the problem?

----
Robert P. Nix                            internet: nix.robert at mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic                                  phone: 507-284-0844
RO-CE-8-857                                page: 507-270-1182
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
----   "Codito, Ergo Sum"
"In theory, theory and practice are the same,
 but in practice, theory and practice are different."