Popup 4 Linux

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Wed Feb 25 16:43:51 UTC 2004

try "man smbclient" search for "-M"

HTH,
Harry

Quoting Chadley Wilson <chadley at pinteq.co.za>:

*> Sorry paul as I said it is a confusing name for the util in todays
*> world. the popup is not for blocking popups but rather sending messages
*> on the network internally from one system to another.
*> We use real popup and winpopup on the production line [running win] for
*> updating staff with instructions. I run FC1 currently.
*> This is faster and more effient [in our case] than email.
*> While the employee is working we send a popup which apears in a small
*> text block on his screen. You get some really fancy ones to like
*> 4C-Softs SuperPOPup. But I am looking for linux a simple and small tool
*> to do the job.
*>
*>
*>