recompiling kernel

Levin Fritz levinfritz at mediales.net
Wed Feb 25 16:49:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:16:09 -0600
csclark at uwm.edu wrote:

> I was trying to recompile my kernel to include dial-up networking
> support (e.g. PPP, slip, cslip....), and I kept receiving errors. I'm
> not sure what the exact errors are right now because I am at work. I
> have them written down at home. I was wondering has anyone else had a
> problem recompiling their kernel?
Short answer: yes. Depending on the configuration, you might hit some bug
that makes the compile break.

If you want help on your specific problem, be sure to tell us the version
of the kernel you're trying to compile and if you're using the "vanilla"
kernel source (from kernel.org) or the kernel-source rpm from fedora.

HTH,
Levin

--
Thus spake the master programmer:
``After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless.''