installing xmms-mp3 fails due to dependency issues

Dams anvil at livna.org
Wed Feb 25 22:33:17 UTC 2004

seems to be a problem with dag repository, which contains an epoch'ed
xmms-mp3-1.2.7 package which will be considered newer than
xmms-mp3-1.2.8 (because of non-zero epoch) from rpm.livna.org. You can
download manually xmms-mp3 package from http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/1/
or you can remove dag repository from your yum.conf, or you can just
make your own xmms-mp3 package. Whatever. You're free.

Good day.

Le mer 25/02/2004 à 23:11, Tobias Weisserth a écrit, entre autre :
> But even after following the tutorial point by point I get this:
> # yum install xmms-mp3
[snip]
> ....identical dependency loop exceeded
> package xmms-mp3 needs xmms = 1.2.7 (not provided)
>
> Trying up2date results in the same error.
>
> I then checked which version I have installed:
>
> # xmms --version
> xmms 1.2.8
>
> This sucks.

No comment.

> Sorry, but I have no tolerance for this kind of "intellectual
> property" shit.

really. no comment.

--
         Dams Nadé
Anvil/Anvilou on irc.freenode.net : #Linux-Fr, #Fedora