Suspend to disk

Michael Gargiullo mgargiullo at warpdrive.net
Thu Feb 26 21:37:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 16:10, Thomas Kirby wrote:
> Hi -
> I was wondering if anyone had managed to get software suspend to disk
> working on  an ACPI machine with FC1.
>
> I have an ACPI laptop, running FC1. I would very much like to get
> suspend to disk functionality, but I looked at the software suspend
> website and got the impression that installing it would be a pretty
> tough job.
>
> If anyone has managed it, I would like to hear how well they got on.

I have a compaq 1800T (With a battery that only lasts about 45
minutes)...  suspend to disk worked for me, found out by accident when
my power strip got turned off (ok so I turned it off with my foot)...  I
came back to my desk and found the laptop "off".  I hit the power
button, and it came back to the previous state (when I left my desk).

I did a complete install of FC1 (I like to tinker) last week.