Fwd: Apt-get error

Thu Feb 26 22:04:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 15:56, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Qui, 2004-02-26 às 13:55, Mike Bos escreveu:
>

> > can someone help me solving these error's? I can bypass them with -f but that
> > doesn't seem so elegant.
> > warning: cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
>
> Did RPM failed before this? If that's the case, you will have to remove
> the lock, which is a file I don't know what :-)

The files are:

/var/lib/rpm/__*

That's two underlines before the asterisk.  They are typically of the
form __db.XXX, where the XXX is '001' ... '999'.

So, as root:

rm /var/lib/rpm/__*

or

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__*

if you are comfortable enough to not have to be prompted to delete each
file...

:-)

HTH,

Marc Schwartz