FC1 as a server but NOT HP Proliant

yavorsky gaetan gaetan.yavorsky at easy-france.com
Fri Feb 27 07:32:51 UTC 2004

fred smith a écrit :

>On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:45:43PM +0100, yavorsky gaetan wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>It's working but ...
>>If it's a critical production environment, and if you plan to contract
>>support whith HP, forget it !
>>I do have a problem with a G3 server which crash after 2 weeks in
>>production mode.
>>Since I have an other G3 as office server which run perfectly, I'm quite
>>sure that it's a hardware problem, and I have standard 3 years garanty
>>from HP.
>>So I called them, and I have been told that they don't care about my
>>problem because of FC1 !!!!!!!!
>>They just told me to install RH8 which is the last "open" release
>>supported, or to by RedHat ES3 !.
>>Not really what I expected from such a company ! ( why do not install
>>WFW3.11 ??? )
>>
>>If somebody has an other feed back HP, please let me know !
>>Regards.
>>Gaetan Yavorsky.
>>

>The machine should have come with a "smart start" CDRM. On my proliant
>(DL-320 G2) that CDis bootable, and it contains a full set of hardware
>diagnostics. I suggest you dig it out, boot it, and let the diagnostics
>run overnight or over a weekend

I did it and it didn't report anything :-\
Anyway, It's a ML350-G3, 1,5 Go ECCC, Smart Array with 2x36 Go Raid 1
which acts as a firewall ( Iptables & webmin module )
The only diff with my office server, is that this system has 2 x 32 bits
PCI 10/100 Eth card from CNET ( RealTek 81399too ),  One is on the 32
bit pci bus and the other one is on the 64 bit pci bus ( thince I just
have one pci 32 available on this machine )
I don't know if it is important ...
Gaetan Yavorsky