Yum.conf Problems

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Fri Feb 27 19:02:56 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 27.02.2004 schrieb Axel Thimm um 00:52:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:44:25PM +0100, Tim Kossack wrote:
> > i installed the yum.conf from atrpms a few days, but some of the
> > provided links didn't work, so i edited the list by hand.
>
> Could you give some more details? Was it the change with the spc repo
> or something else? Thanks!

yes - also, i wanted to have testing packages - see my yum.conf below!
(btw, if you don't already, it would be nice if you or someone else
could make a yum.conf with all comp./needed reps. and _all_ their
mirrors, so that one doesn't have to go mirror/rep.-hunting every week!
also, what about an rpm that would also update up2date conf.? i like
using both ;-)

> > but now, i'm running into (dependency) problems...
>

> > .Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimp-1.2.so.0, this is not
> > available.
> > Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpui-1.2.so.0, this is not
> > available.
>
> I think this is because spc provides gimp 2.0pre2 and
> gimp-print-plugin requires gimp 1.2.
>
> yum is a bit too strict with the repos' old/new contents, because it
> shades old versions of the same rpm away, so that at the end it does not find the
> dependencies to these (old) rpms.

> It's a bug and a feature of yum, it forces repos to keep in sync with
> the latest released packages ;)

so does that mean that currently the needed package isn't avaible, and i
just have to wait until gimp-plugin for gimp 2.0 gets released? means,
do i have to change my yum.conf?

kind regards.

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest

[os]
name=Fedora Core 1 os
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1

[updates]
name=Fedora Core 1 updates
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1

[testing]
name=Fedora Core 1 testing
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1

[at-production]
name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 production
baseurl=http://spc.atrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/production/

[at-testing]
name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 testing
baseurl=http://spc.atrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/testing/

#[at-bleeding]
#name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 bleeding
#baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/1/en/i386/at-bleeding

[newrpms.sunsite.dk]
name=NewRPMS.sunsite.dk for Fedora Core 1
baseurl=http://newrpms.atrpms.net/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc1
	http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc1

[freshrpms]
name=Fedora Core 1 freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms
	http://freshrpms.atrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms

[dag]
name=Fedora Core 1 Dag Wieers' repository
baseurl=http://dag.atrpms.net/redhat/fc1/en/i386/dag
	http://apt.sw.be/redhat/fc1/en/i386/dag

[jpackage15-generic-free]
name=JPackage 1.5, generic free
baseurl=ftp://jpackage.hmdc.harvard.edu/JPackage/1.5/generic/free
	ftp://us.dl.sf.net/pub/sourceforge/jpackage/direct_download/1.5/generic/free

[jpackage15-generic-non-free]
name=JPackage 1.5, generic non-free
baseurl=ftp://jpackage.hmdc.harvard.edu/JPackage/1.5/generic/non-free
	ftp://us.dl.sf.net/pub/sourceforge/jpackage/direct_download/1.5/generic/non-free

[jpackage15-fc1]
name=JPackage 1.5 for Fedora Core 1
baseurl=ftp://jpackage.hmdc.harvard.edu/JPackage/1.5/fedora-1/free
	ftp://us.dl.sf.net/pub/sourceforge/jpackage/direct_download/1.5/fedora-1/free

[dries]
name=Dries repository for Fedora Core 1
baseurl=http://dries.studentenweb.org/yum/fedora/linux/1/i386/dries

[spc]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - spc-production
baseurl=http://rpms.subpop.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/production

[spc-testing]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - spc-testing
baseurl=http://rpms.subpop.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/testing