Reading Live SMB Files

Christopher Ness nesscg at mcmaster.ca
Fri Feb 27 19:22:10 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Some good solutions came out of this thread, but I also wonder why
Nautilus cannot simply open files through smb://

I would expect it to be able to do this.  Even if it is only downloading
the file to /tmp and opening it locally for the user as mentioned by
Adam.  Seems like simple HCI to me.  1 click is better than 5.

Any Nautilus hackers on this list?
I'm using Gnome.  Not sure if that matters or not.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University

14:20:03 up 39 min, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.11