via sata controller doesn't run with fedora core 1.b

Andy Wallace linxit at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 27 23:59:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 20:42, Ale Guerrez wrote:
> Hi all, I have a Asus p4v800-x with a hd 120gb maxtor sata;
> During the intallation fedora can't see my hd.
> What I have to do?
> Can I use a driver disk?
> Have I to set special options in the bios?
> Thanks and sorry for my english!
> Alak

I found that I couldn't use any 2.4 kernel with a SATA disk on this
controller. You can load libata.o OK, but when you try to load
sata_via.o the OS locks up. However, kernel 2.6.3 works fine with it.

I installed onto an IDE disk, then after compiling 2.6.3 I moved most of
the install over to the SATA disk, leaving the IDE just with /boot.

Andy