gsview & libgs.so

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Feb 28 12:45:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Jason Ronallo wrote:

> I'm trying to use gsview as my gui for ghostscript.  Ghostscript is the
> latest stable fedora provided version.  I keep getting the error that
> libgs.so is not found.  I've seen from searches that this was a problem
> with previous redhat versions.  Has anyone had trouble with getting
> gsview to work on fedora?  Any solutions?
>
> I'm trying to use it with Scribus:
> http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/gsview.html
> This page suggests changing something in the source RPM.  Is this still
> necessary?  How would I go about doing that?

You need to build the shared library version.  I use ghostscript source
distro (8.14 was just released -- fixes some bugs), where I do:

./configure
[edit Makefile to choose the drivers I want and to use pthreads]
make so
make soinstall

This installs to /usr/local.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada