K3b: ide-scsi

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jan 2 06:24:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 14:06, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 13:16:23 -0500, ted wrote:
>
> > As a matter of interest...Does the newer kernel need the ide-scsi
> > call ??...My ide cdrom player works ok without it...
>
> Player or burner?
>
> That makes the difference with regard to ATAPI IDE-SCSI emulation.

The newer kernel works better for some parts of ide-scsi, but there are
still problems.

There seems to be a problem resetting the drive at some point in the
process.  Sometimes you have to force the drive to reset through an
eject and reload.  (With xcd-roast you have to exit the program and
reenter it between each disc burn or you get errors on validation.)

I am not certain what is causing it.  I will be moving to the 2.6.x
kernels soon and hope to get rid of the ide-scsi kludge all together.

--
Alan <alan at clueserver.org>