fedora.us Surprise Downtime Jan 2nd - 5th 2003

Attention all fedora.us users.

I was only informed now that the building power at the University would be down from late Friday Jan 2nd until as late as Monday Jan 5th. I am now scrambling to move some critical services off campus.

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraMirrorList
Now is a really good time to change your apt or yum configurations to point to one of the fedora.us mirrors. Most of you should not be using the Hawaii mirror anyway, as there are plenty of other closer and faster mirrors.

If you are using apt, your configuration file is /etc/apt/sources.list.
If you are using yum, your configuration file is /etc/yum.conf.

I am working on moving bugzilla.fedora.us, www.fedora.us and download.fedora.us off campus before Friday, but the DNS change may not happen soon enough for most users.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Warren Togami
warren togami com