KDE Applets

John Lagrue admin at moraystudio.com
Fri Jan 2 20:06:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 19:51, Krikket wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Simon Perreault wrote:
>
> > On January 2, 2004 13:23, Krikket wrote:
> > > So kweather is now running.  (Although I confess, after using Gnome's
> > > applet, this one seems lacking.  No forcasts or radar map.  Does anyone
> > > have suggestions for a better weather program/applet to run?)
> >
> > I suggest Liquid Weather++
> > (http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=6384), which runs under
> > Super Karamba. You'll drool for days. ;)
>
> Err, I have the package downloaded and unzipped...  But I notice that one
> thing is missing from the package and on the website...
>
> How do I *install* it?
>
> *Embarassed*
>
> Krikket

Don't be too embarrassed; I couldn't make head or tail of it either. No
installation instructions and no indication of how to run it. Methinks
the documentation could do with an overhaul :)

It does seem to need something called SuperKaramba
(http://netdragon.sourceforge.net/) and I'm checking that out as I type.

JDL