Installing Fedora from ISO Images - Question again

David Hunt david.hunt.linux at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 20:22:34 UTC 2004

>On or about 2004-01-02 11:29, Barry Yu whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and
scribbled:
>>I am very musch interested that how you can load the Mandrake into a
laptop without both floppy drive and cdrom (If I >>understand your laptop
equipped devices correctly), would you care to share?

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. I have a CD-ROM/DVD drive, I just
don't have a CD-WRITER or a Floppy Drive in my laptop. Both of those were
extra.

>On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:10:12 -0600 Fritz Whittington wrote:
>If he does have a CD-ROM drive, I think he would be best advised to go to
one of the places on the Net which will mail you the >3 CDs for less than
$5. That's what I did, because even though I have a CD burner, I have a 56k
dialup connection :-( and >downloading them would have taken longer than the
US mail...

As for ordering the CD's. That was actually my first thought as well. After
purchasing commercial versions of SuSE and Red Hat, I realized that goofing
around with Linux was getting expensive, so I ordered Mandrake from
CheapBytes. That worked out really well. I just thought that if Fedora was
planning on rolling out a new revision every 4 months, that would be a whole
lot of ordering and worst of all waiting. Yes, it's true. My quest for
rather spend an entire weekend repartitioning my hard-drive and loading
operating systems, than wait for the mail. Crazy? Perhaps not. I've learned
a lot this weekend.