Proper ettiquette for posting messages

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Jan 2 21:43:46 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 14:40 1/2/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Last time I checked this was the Fedora mailing list.
>>
>> Does Outlook (Express) run on Fedora?
>>
>> If you don't use Fedora, then why are you participating in this group?
>

> <snap>That's one of the dumbest comments I've heard this week, and
> certainly the most unjustified smackdown on a newbie who's trying to
> learn. What, you're only allowed to be on this list if you only use
> Fedora _and_ post only from a Fedora box? Come on, Guy... gimme a
> break.</snap>

Oo... Ouch... ;-(

:-! Did I break my own rules.

I guess I see the points made. Sorry if I offended any newbies that were just lookin' for some help.

I did not know that "--" was a signature delimiter, but apparently mozilla does recognise and use it as a signature delimiter. As a general rule I delete the cruft at the bottom of the message when I reply anyway.

--
Why did the newbies write below the delimiter. :-/
Because it was above the bottom of the message where they were told to respond. :-D

Oo... Ouch...
:-! Not again. :-)