Re: gamma settings

Alexander is correct.

But...

Be sure that you have a backup copy of your working /etc/X11/XF86Config file before you start.

And, know how to restore without X working.

Several of my attempts to control gamma resulted in X not starting. <s>

Each failure was clearly MY error. But, I was sure happy that I'd planned a restore strategy. <g>

When I finally got it right, it was/is very nice.

ck