Reply to wrong thread

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Sat Jan 3 01:12:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 18:43, John Li wrote:

> Correct, but I'm curious why this showed up as such a reply.  I
> picked an arbitrary message and used 'reply' in order to get the
> email address (which I never remember) and to send the email from
> the correct email address.  However, I changed the subject line,
> deleted all previous text, and changed the email format to
> 'plain text'.  The email I sent and received back from the
> list has no reference that I can see to the thread called
> "Re: Printing Problems".  Did you put this comment in the wrong
> email, or is there something I don't know about that is used
> to track threads?

Has nothing to do with what the subject/from address currently read, has
more to do with the email *source* stuff.  Check out the source of a
thread (view options or something) to see all the header stuff that is
involved.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"