file sharing for linux

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sat Jan 3 01:21:59 UTC 2004

gm wrote:
> Hey
>
> I was wondering if anyone could suggest a file sharing program (aka
> kazaa,fast track,etc) for linux? (plz include the link to the site)

Do not, under ANY circumstances, install kazaa on ANY system.  It is
a massive security hole and guarantees that your system can and
will be hacked.  It's not as bad on Linux, but it's still horrible.
Firewalling it out can be a nightmare as well.

The authors of kazaa should be taken out and beaten senseless.
-     "Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?"     -