Proper ettiquette for posting messages

Bob Marcan bob at interstudio.homeunix.net
Sat Jan 3 09:02:38 UTC 2004

adunn at micron.com wrote:

> [...]
Google:
Top-posting makes the list archives un-readable.  Top-posting to a
mailing list is like dumping excrement in our homes; if you do it,
you'll likely not be happy with the response.
Some MUAs, such as Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express,
encourage top-posting by their default configuration, or even make it
needlessly difficult to quote correctly.  If you use one of these broken
MUAs and must continue to use it, the following free add-ons can
apparently fix them for you:

  Outlook Express: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
  Outlook: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

Regards, Bob

  Bob Marcan                     mailto:bob.marcan at hermes-plus.si
  Aster^H^H...HermesPlus^H^H^H...S&T
  Slandrova ul. 2                       tel:    +386 (1) 5895-200
  1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia              http://www.hermes-plus.si