KDE Applets

Krikket krikket at gothpoodle.com
Sat Jan 3 18:09:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Simon Perreault wrote:

> On January 2, 2004 17:38, Krikket wrote:
> > I now have it loaded and running...  Is there a way of having it
> > automatically load and execute when I log-off/reboot the system, and to
> > save my settings?
>
> It should do so automatically, using KDE's session management. In the Control
> Center, in KDE Components -> Session Manager, make sure Restore previous
> session is checked.

That did it.  Thanks.

> > The one thing that doesn't seem to work is to make the small graphics
> > (showing the forcast, winds, temp, etc) full-sized.  It's just too damned
> > small to read otherwise.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. It showed fine on my screen.

Left click on the radar dish.  Choose a region.  Choose a sub-catagory
(IE: North America -> Forecast).  The window that appears is *tiny*.  Too
small to read...

> > (And what's this webcam stuff?  *Confused*)
>
> Ah! There are often webcams associated with your location. This lets you watch
> it! ;)

Cool!  Any idea where you can find a list of Webcams?  (Looking for Boston
or Burlington, MA.)

By chance can this be configured to show the details of the local forcast?
[IE: 4-6 inchs of snow overnight].  In reading through the documentation,
I didn't see anything, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist...

Krikket