Does anyone have a *SCRIPT* for backing up data to DVD+R media under Fedora?

Peter Kiem zordah at zordah.net
Sun Jan 4 08:12:06 UTC 2004

> just use your cd-rw scripts, but make dvd-sized ISOs and then use
> growisofs to burn the ISOs to dvd media:
>
>  growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

This is what I had tried earlier with a 3GB tar file and growisofs said
it wrote 3GB and most of the disc was written but when I read the dvd
back it was only a 13MB file!

I was using a DVD+RW for testing but from what I have read since they
seem to be different format that DVD+R so I'll try again with that media
instead.

--
Regards,
       My current spamtrap address is est1203 at zordah.net