xcdroast does not like DVD+R drives

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Sun Jan 4 13:37:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 00:30, David McCormick wrote:
> When Ichecked the Xcdroast site it stated that the version shipped with
> FC1 would not work right with DVD+RW's I upgraded to the alpa15 series
> and it works fine.  You always get the insert media window just hit
> continue or wait until you get the prompt before you insert the disk.
> You do have to read the Read notes and follow them completely or it will
> not work.
>

> Dave

You might just be lucky, that it did work. This is what was said on the
Xcdroast site, relating to DVD+RW's.

Quote:
Note about DVD+R/RW support:
cdrecord.ProDVD requires in some cases the command-line option "-force"
to write on DVD+R/RW media. If this option is missing you get the
irritating message: "Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes". As X-CD-Roast
does not yet support the -force option, you have to wait for a new
version, or use the command line manually.

Since I don't have a DVD+RW writer, I can't verify it.

Wolf