Wine of Fedora?

jford jford at usm.maine.edu
Sun Jan 4 21:33:26 UTC 2004

I have Wine running under FC1. I obtained the rpm from
www.winehq.com/site/download
where you can find rpm's of daily builds. The particular package I am
using is named 20031212-1fc1winehq, so I figure I installed it 12/12.
I don't do much with it but I have run it at least a dozen times,
testing a few windows games, office 2000 stuff, and some demoware
address label printing package, all without any obvious problems.
(The printing app had to use a samba printer on another win machine,
if that impresses anyone other than me.) I also grabbed xwine and
played with that a few times.

While I do have a real win2k partition on my machine, I did not tell
Wine about that, except for fonts. I made trivial modifications to
the configuration file - so trivial that I seem to have felt no need
to document them, something I'm sure I will regret later.

Hope this helps, or at least lends encouragement.

Jim Ford