Bind v. TinyDNS

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sun Jan 4 23:06:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:53:07PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:48:28PM -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > Mark - Please don't reply to me directly.  I'm subscribed to the list
> > and I don't need a copy of your post in my inbox as well as my fedora
>
> Please set Mail-Followup-To:. As with all other mailing lists of this
> type, I (and the thousands more like me) cannot be expected to keep a
> per-member listing of what to do in the event of a followup.

Are you sure :-)

> You fill in Mail-Followup-To:, then my mailer does what you want me to.

Really - Is that what you think your mailer is doing ?   :-)

This is fascinating - out of the last 1200 or so emails I received from
this list, only 22 had any header with the word followup in it.

Here is what it looked like:
Hmm - almost no one is setting this header, but most replies are only
going to the list.  Do you suppose that people replying to a list might
use a different command than the one they use to reply to an individual ?

Be conservative in what you send, and flexible in what you accept.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.
"jkinz at kinz.org" is copyright 2003.