Does anyone have a solution for mp3 playback skipping in xmms?

dsyates dsyates at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 5 16:46:47 UTC 2004

First off, I apologize for the subject line in my last thread. I have
been a subscriber of various linux list 8 years. It was an honest
mistake I made in a hurry. Secondly, I have searched the archives.
Thirdly (is that a word?) I have installed the xmms-mp3 package and can
playback mp3s. Lastly I may not have been clear enough, I can listen to
mp3s they just skip. I have just noticed this recently, as with the last
kernel upgrade  2.4.22-1.2135.nptl.
does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the skipping of
playback of mp3s on xmms. Is reniceing X or xmms my only option?

> Does anyone have a solution for mp3 playback skipping in xmms?
>Yes, I think most of us have :-) Install xmms-mp3 e.g from >livna.org

>BTW:
>1. This has been discussed 1000 times. Please search the archives >next
>time.
>2. DO NOT hijack threads!
>3. Change the subject to something meaningfull, not just >fedora-list
digest.

--
LPIC-1 Linux Certified
http://lottalinuxlinks.com