older Red hat versions

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jan 5 22:50:58 UTC 2004

gm wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I've got two questions this time.
>
> 1) My friend has written a script and wants it to automatically run if a
> certain user logins in( how can he add the script to automatically run
> when he logs on)

Either include the content of the script in the user's $HOME/.bashrc
script or add "sh /path/to/script" to the end of $HOME/.bashrc (assuming
the user uses bash).

> 2)I've got a laptop and I've had difficult time installing red hat 8,9
> and fedora (each time the computer returns that the monitor cannot be
> recognized, and then freezes (even in text mode) is there some generic
> monitor driver I can use to prevent it from freezing and complete the
> install?

What kind of laptop?  Try adding "noprobe" to your text install:

	boot: text noprobe
-        Brain:  The organ with which we think that we think.        -