Sound Drivers

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Tue Jan 6 16:55:02 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Andy Green
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 6:59 AM
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Sound Drivers

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 09:58, Nicholas Fitzgerald wrote:

There'll be some to-ing and fro-ing, then you're back at the prompt.  Now
you
have apt ready to get your Alsa bits and pieces.

apt-get install alsa-driver alsa-lib gnome-alsamixer alsa-utils
kernel-module-alsa#1.0.0-0.rc2.1.fr_2.4.22_1.2129.nptl

---> I did that for my situation, in the hopes that my previous install was
incomplete.  I think the first 4 installed correctly; the kernel module gave
the following error:
E: Couldn't find package
kernel-module-alsa#1.0.0-0.rc2.1.fr_2.4.22_1.2135.nptl

My memory is a bit hazy about the next parts, I don't remember if the RPM
script does it for you, but you may need to run

alsaconf

---> The conf program couldn't find my card, or find it as a legacy card.
It threw some errors that went by too fast to catch (I'm on an ssh text
session from work, so I'm limited at the moment), but ran to completion
telling me that there is no sound card.  Trying alsamixer also failed; I
recounted that in a previous message.

Piggybacking onto the thread,
 -Don