Fedora News Updates #1

Wade Hampton wade.hampton at nsc1.net
Wed Jan 7 22:23:49 UTC 2004

Thanks for the tip for user rpm building.....

Can I suggest a new script or two as part of the rpm package
set.  Names can be whatever....

  setup_rpmbuild -- setup a user-space rpmbuild environment
                               based on the notes herein

  rpmdump -- dump all tokens for an rpm
  rpml         -- dump the header info plus file list for all rpms
                      matching a pattern basically:

                          rpm -qa | grep $1 | xargs -n1 -t rpm -ql

Note:  I have rpmdump, rpml, and a few other scripts that
           make working work rpm easier.....  I could get my
           company to let me release them.

Cheers,
--
Wade Hampton