Mozilla problem with threaded view?

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Thu Jan 8 02:25:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:11, Steffan Jacobs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't really know a lot about this but I've been seeing the same thing
> and I'm wondering how exactly Mozilla determines these threads. Does it
> use the subject line or the "In-Reply-To: <message-identifier>" header
> (also). As far as I can see the latter could at least be causing some of
> the errors you've mentioned, in which case it's not really a bug but
> actually caused by user behaviour.

	This is a common problem caused by lazy responders, who instead of
making a new message, clicks on the reply button of any convenient email
and erases the subject text.

	The email system keeps a unique number for the thread and can be seen
by showing the source of the email.

	The easiest way to solve this is that each person puts an entry for
fedora-list in their address book(Mozilla, evolution, eudora - whatever
you use. and select new-mail when you want to start a new thread.

Scott