problems with FC1 installation on new motherboard

Boon Wee boonwee at xakin.net
Thu Jan 8 03:36:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a problem and would appreciate any advise from anyone in this list.

I had previously installed FC1 on a AMD900 T-Bird processor with no
problems and was happily running it.

Recently, the motherboard died and so I got a new P4 2.6C GHz processor
with a HyperThreading enabled 800MHz FSB motherboard and a 1GB dual
channel DDR400 RAM. Other than a new Nvidia FX video card, the same set
of HDDs and other hardware was used.

I tried to re-install FC1 from scratch with the same set of CDROMs. I
just typed 'linux reiserfs' at the boot prompt to enable reiserfs
support and the installation went fine until the stage when i finished
the package selection (same set as i installed on the old board). When
the install image was being transferred to my harddisk, I get an error
message that I am out of disk space.

The partitioning I am using in my 40GB harddisk is as follows: /boot
(100MB), swap (1024MB), / (20GB), /home (18GB). I even tried the
following partition: /boot (100MB), swap(1024MB), / (38GB). But
everytime, the same error occurred.

I would definitely appreciate any advise to get FC1 up and running. I
have tried searching the fedora-list archives but I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Boon Wee