up2date issues resolved

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jan 8 12:50:42 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 04:05, fed ora wrote:

> Solution: Use local mirror (i.e., whichever is closest
> to you).

I'd like to suggest that /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
should contains a REPOSITORY variable, originally set to
REPOSITORY=http://download.fedora.redhat.com
with a note that this can be changed to a local repository,
with a link to the list of mirror sites.

Incidentally, I don't understand what ismeant by the remark
# multiple versions of all repos except "up2date" can be used. Depenencies
# can be resolved "cross-repo" if need be.
at the end of the "sources" file.
Which repository is used if more than one is listed?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366