Eclipse

listas at lozano.eti.br listas at lozano.eti.br
Thu Jan 8 20:35:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

> True, and to that inquiry I wondered why you would want to -- Eclipse is
> a mix of Java and native code (for performance where needed).  I would
> be concerned that compiling the remaining Java would be more work and
> cause more problems than it is worth.  Maybe of technical interest if
> you are an Eclipse developer but _I_ just want to use the facilities it
> provides to develop my own (Web) applications.
>
> I was also responding to his inquiry about how it runs native ..

I use Eclipse regularly for many projects and am evaluating a snapshot of the
native builds from Red Hat. The difference is enormous! The native version
loads faster, uses less RAM, and has a much quickier response time for most
operations like opening a source file, compiling classes, running an Ant
script, ... I can't wait to get it integrated to Fedora Core. :-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano