'cannot mount cd' during installation

Gabriel M. Elder eldergabriel at charter.net
Thu Jan 8 21:12:51 UTC 2004

I have had absolutely no installation problems, nor am i aware of this
being an issue for anyone else and their machine(s). When it comes time
to change CDs during the installation, i just put the next disc in the
tray, click the button on the screen to continue, the tray closes, the
drive spins up, and it continues just fine.

Can you mount all of the installation discs normally on an existing
machine? At the beginning of the installation, you are given the
opportunity to run an integrity check on the disks. Do this for each
disk. If it's a media or data integrity problem, you'll know right away.
Also run the md5sum check on the iso images: md5sum -c ./MD5SUM . This
is done in the directory where the MD5SUM and iso image files are
located. If none of this helps, i would try swapping out the cd-rom
drive; some sort of timing or spin-up problem with that particular drive
or model of drive?