problems with FC1 installation on new motherboard (William Hooper)

Boon Wee boonwee at xakin.net
Fri Jan 9 01:55:44 UTC 2004

Message: 12 Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:20:30 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re:
problems with FC1 installation on new motherboard From: "William Hooper"
<whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> To: fedora-list at redhat.com Reply-To:
fedora-list at redhat.com Boon Wee said: [snip]

>> Recently, the motherboard died and so I got a new P4 2.6C GHz processor
>> with a HyperThreading enabled 800MHz FSB motherboard and a 1GB dual
>> channel DDR400 RAM. Other than a new Nvidia FX video card, the same set
>> of HDDs and other hardware was used.

[snip]

>> I get an error
>> message that I am out of disk space.

[snip]

>> have tried searching the fedora-list archives but I cannot find anything.

I searched for "out of disk space" and the answer is in the first thread...

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg04500.html

-- William Hooper

dang!!! *slaps palm on forehead* .. i searched for "hyperthreading",
"smp installation parameters", "hyperthreading installation problems" ..
but i forgot to search for the error message. Thanks. I will try it out
tonite. Rgds, Boon Wee