KDE

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Fri Jan 9 17:42:52 UTC 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 16:57, Ted wrote:
> A few days ago I had to repartition my hdd...I have just reinstalled
> Fedora and
> have d/loaded the kde beta series which I was running really well on the
> previous
> install...I copied all the files into a folder and did rpm -Fvh *.rpm
> but it now tells me
> there are some unresolved deps...
> rror: Failed dependencies:
>         kdeaddons = %{epoch}:3.1.94-0.2 is needed by
> kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner-3.1.94-0.2

hmm... I did not know that rpm supports this debian style versioning...
I think it's just broken dependancy, get the source rpm and make sure in
the .spec the variable epoch is defined.

to do this first uninstall 'kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner'. This way rpm -Fhv ...
will not try to Upgrade it. In the .spec file there should be:
| %define epoch         the_correct_number_0_or_1_I_think
you can find the correct number from another .spec file or <I don't remember>..

ex: # I don't guarantee it is 100% correct example
| rpm -ihv kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner-....src.rpm
| cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
| edit kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner.spec # and see why epoch got undefined
| rpmbuild -bb kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner.spec
| cd ../RPMS/i386 # & install it from there

>         libnetsnmp.so.5 is needed by kdeutils-3.1.94-0.2
it comes with 'net-snmp' package
>         libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by qt-MySQL-3.2.3-0.2
comes with 'mysql' package
>         libodbc.so.1 is needed by qt-ODBC-3.2.3-0.2
unixODBC package
>         libpq.so.3 is needed by qt-PostgreSQL-3.2.3-0.2
postgresql-libs package

> [root at trufflesdad i386]#
> I would have thought all the files should be there ..I checked the md5's
> and all are ok
> so can anyone tell me what I need ??

make sure you have all these packages installed and
a) rebuild kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner
b) rpm -e kdeaddons-atlantikdesi...; rpm -Fhv ...; rpm -ihv --nodeps kdeaddon....
c) just don't use kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner (the easiest way, worked for me)

  keep in mind that (b) will break your dependancies in the rpm database
and yum / apt-get may/will refuse to work

> Regards
>     Ted
>    Fedora Linux user
  Hope this helps...