Dell D800 + Dock questions/issues

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Fri Jan 9 18:01:00 UTC 2004

Hi:
      In Dell D800 BIOS you can say what video device use when the computer
runs docked or undocked. I suppouse that if you force to use the built in
vga card ( nvidia ) then X Server will be happy.

      I have Dell D800 but no dock ( If you want, send me yours and I make
an study ) :P ;)

HTH

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           Keven Ring         |
|         |           <keven at mitre.org>  |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin at r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           09/01/2004 18:56   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list at redhat.com                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Dell D800 + Dock questions/issues                                                                             |

I have a new Dell D800 laptop with a full dockstation that I am trying
to install fedora-core-1 onto.  I have run into several issues that
hopefully someone can suggest a method of resolving.  Before I get into
the issues, the laptop has an nVidia card, but the dockstation has an
ATI video card builtin.  This is, I believe, the root cause of many of
the issues.