Yum error

Northam, Brent bnortham at aquent.com
Fri Jan 9 19:38:10 UTC 2004

Hello, I'm a fairly new FC1 user and have used the distribution for about 2
weeks now.  I am able to use up2date to retrive updated packages and install
them, but when running yum from the console, I receive an error:

Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Error - /var/cache/yum/base/header.info cannot be found
Please ask you sysadmin to update the headers on this system.

/var/cache/yum/ does exists, though listing shows that it is empty.

My yum.conf looks like:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/
$basearch/os

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$rel
easever/$basearch

#[updates-testing]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever

The yum log does not exist in /var/log/. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best,
Brent
--
Brent Northam